Song Lyric of the Day:
Maybe it’s time to change / And leave it all behind / I’ve never been one to walk alone / I’ve always been scared to try
Like alot of people, every year I make new year’s resolutions. And, like alot of people, every year I’m successful for, oh, say about a month at keeping them. This year, while I’m still making resolutions, I’m not going to beat myself up for not keeping them to a T or kill myself trying to uphold them. I’ve decided that a healthier attitude about keeping my personal resolutions versus the compulsion to just be able to say I succeeded is more important this year. To that end, here are the resolutions that I aim to keep this year. Or not.
- To work out regularly (aiming for cardio at least three times a week to start)
- To eat better, especially since I now have someone to set an example for
- To write something everyday, whether it’s working on one of my novels, a short story, a personal essay, a blog post, or a journal entry
- To try to journal again since there’s a lot of stuff I can’t post here, things to be published with great fanfare and scandal upon my death. Or not.
- To stop worrying what others think of me. I am who I am, and if they don’t like it, tough shit.
- To update ye olde blog here at least four times a week (and post before nightfall — I’m over the nocturnal blogging)
- To take a photography class at UTK or Pellissippi
- To finally finish — and MAIL — that query letter I’ve been working on for eons now
- To read more (and not just board and picture books to Coraline)
- To create an Etsy shop to sell some of my photography
- To try and live up to the potential those close to me believe I have
What are your resolutions this year?