Song Lyric of the Day:
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go / You know, you know – no you don’t, you don’t / I wanna shine on in the hearts of men / I want a meaning from the back of my broken hand
The Killers / “All These Things That I’ve Done”
Some random thoughts on movies.
- I wish more people had gotten the brilliance that was Wonder Boys.
- The ending of The Shawshank Redemption still makes me cry after countless viewings. Morgan Freeman was robbed of that Oscar.
- I will watch anything that Christopher Guest writes, directs, or stars in.
- Clue is one of my all-time favorite binky movies.
- Charlie’s Angels should have been left where it belonged – in the 70’s.
- After seven (to date) increasingly lackluster sequels (except H20), Michael Myers is still the boogeyman, and always will be. That mask scares me like nothing else.
- Seeing Carrie-Ann Moss in the original Matrix and Uma Thurman in Kill Bill made me want to learn how to beat people up and be able to look cool doing it.
- The Wachowski brothers should have left well enough alone and never made The Matrix into a trilogy.
- Brad Pitt is one of the most highly paid, high profile actors with one of the most lackluster movie resumes.
- Black Hawk Down made Saving Private Ryan feel like a cakewalk.
- Jennifer Lopez should never be allowed to act in a movie ever again. Or sing. Or get married.
- Disney royally screwed up that cushy Pixar deal.
- Basic Instinct 2? Et tu, Sharon?
- More directors need to rein Will Smith in and not let him be Will Smith in every one of his movies.
- I liked A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. I really did.
- Before I can call myself a true movie buff, I need to watch all the films on the AFI’s top 100 of all time list.
- The Taco Bell chihuahua’s talking mouth was better CGI than the Burly Brawl in The Matrix Reloaded.
- I hated Ocean’s 11. Enough with the “we’re such cool cats” setup already. Maybe Ocean’s 12 will find a plot.
- That giant breeze hitting us? That’s the collective sigh of relief that McG will not be allowed to touch the new Superman movie.
- Pirates of the Caribbean reminded me of why I wanted to marry Johnny Depp when I was younger. Before Winona Ryder came along and ruined everything.
- Clive Owen is too good to be the next James Bond.
- I will never get tired of Young Frankenstein.
- I can watch horror movies, good or bad, any time.
- People who cannot pronounce the names Sam Peckinpah, Martin Scorsese, Djimon Hounsou, or Keanu Reeves (among others) shouldn’t even try.
- After getting to see movies for free for 13 years, having to pay for them now sucks. Especially when the movie sucks, too.