- I don’t think you’ve changed
- even though we’ve grown apart in the decades we’ve known each other, you didn’t bother congratulating me on the birth of my daughter
- you were unfailingly cruel throughout your relationship and subsequent breakup
- you’re not who I thought you were
- I don’t know you well enough to let you virtually into my life
- I’m not mean/bitchy enough for you
- you don’t give me the time of day when we see each other in person
- you give me the heebie-jeebies
- a Facebook “friendship” isn’t as indicative of a real friendship as you think it is
- you didn’t even notice I unfriended you, which told me all I need to know
Tag Archives: facebook
Song Lyric of the Day:
Should I give up / Or should I just keep chasing pavements / Even if it leads nowhere / Or would it be a waste / Even if i knew my place should I leave it there
So this meme is circulating among my friends on Facebook, and I thought I’d post it here for my non-Facebook friends to peruse. I’ve added a few extra notes here that I didn’t have on Facebook. Why? Because. Props to my friend Chelsey for tagging me on this in the first place, and to everyone else I tagged who took the time to participate. Everyone’s answers were a lot of fun to read.
The (Facebook) rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click post.)
1. I occasionally yell in my sleep for no apparent reason other than my subconscious wants to wake my husband up at random hours.
2. I used to want Chewbacca for a pet. The kid in me was very disappointed that Peter Mayhew was nowhere near as cuddly in person and costumeless.
3. I can’t recycle my magazines until I’ve read through them all. Can’t miss that one amazing article.
4. I miss NYC. My last visit was October 2006.
5. I wish I could see my nephew, Elliott, every day.
6. I can’t wait to meet my next nephew, Stephen, when he’s born in a few months.
7. I hope this is the year I get a REAL camera: a digital SLR.
8. I need to get off my butt and work on my novel some more.
9. I would watch Jensen Ackles read the phone book — he is that pretty.
10. I only have one credit card left to pay off. Woohoo!
11. I watch horror movies as much as I watch chick flicks.
12. I love chick flicks, but I hate chick lit. I couldn’t even finish Confessions of a Shopaholic it was so awful.
13. I’ve met two Darths from the Star Wars movies: Vader and Maul. I have a picture of me sitting on David Prowse‘s (Vader’s) lap during lunch at a Japanese steakhouse. Long story.
14. I can steer almost any conversation to an episode of The Simpsons based on relevance.
15. I’ve tried sushi twice in 10 years. At that rate, I might acquire a taste for it by the time I’m 90.
16. I’ve accidentally walked into filming of an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (in NYC) — I was THISCLOSE to Mr. Big himself, Chris Noth! — and a movie shoot (in Uruguay).
17. I’ve been in two TV shows, one movie, and a commercial (if you knew where to look, you would’ve seen my lovely wristwatch).
18. I’m on yet another ’80s music kick these days. I just picked up a Billy Squier CD this past weekend. From 1981.
19. I still can’t fall asleep without having my sheet pulled all the way up to my neck.
20. I have an older half-brother almost no one knows about. We’re not close thanks to the distance of where he lives and where I live.
21. If I have a really bad day, when I get home, I let myself cry about my cat and my dog I lost last year.
22. I love that our puppy has decided he’s MY puppy.
23. I’m finally good at ironing my hair straight thanks to the right product — and thanks to Caren introducing me to them.
24. I read/follow more blogs than is healthy for any normal person. Thankfully, I’m not normal.
25. I cheated and used a couple of items I used in my blog in a couple of about me posts.*
Song Lyric of the Day:
You know he’s gonna take away your promised land / Hey good lady he just wants what you got you know / He’ll never stop until he’s taken the lot
The Tiny Terror of South Knoxville
I love my new puppy. I really do. I love everything about him. The way he kisses me and cries/yowls for reassurance when I let him out of the crate every morning. How he hides behind my leg (or Rich’s) when he’s unsure of something. The wrinkly little forehead. The grumbles and snorts he makes whenever he shifts position while sleeping. Hopping at my feet to be picked up. How he stares at and follows Caleb around, with open worship on his face. Hell, even him humping my poor cat, Belle, yesterday was pretty funny (for me, not her). But you know what I don’t love? The biting. Do you know how sharp puppy teeth are? It’s like he’s part fucking piranha. Must break him of that habit soon. Very soon.
I Pulled Another Lemming…
…and set up a Facebook profile. I already like it more than MySpace because the template doesn’t make my eyes bleed. Although I will keep my MySpace page up. Because how else would I contact bands about song lyrics and actually get responses?
But Will We Get the Bird Flu?
We can’t use our grill for the foreseeable future. Seems while we were in Uruguay, a certain Ms. Momma Robin decided to build herself a nice two-bedroom nest in our grill. Two of the three babies survived, and now we are peacefully co-existing with Momma and her two nestlings. Still, I can’t tell you how the thought of using our grill again, even after a very thorough cleaning, weirds me out. “I asked for cheese on my burger, not feathers!” Yuck.
Should’ve Seen Them When I Had the Chance
So I bought Rocco Deluca and the Burden‘s album, I Trust You to Kill Me, recently. I’ve been listening to it nonstop, it’s so good. And kicking myself for not making a point to see the group when they played at Blue Cat’s a few months back. Fun fact: The band is signed to the Ironworks Music label (also love honeyhoney’s “Little Toy Gun”), owned by none other than Kiefer Sutherland. So buy this album or Jack Bauer will kick your ass.
Thar She Blows
I recently got my hair chopped off (back on the 10th). I finally reached the point where it was getting too long for me to really do anything with it. I ended up getting an awesome layered cut, which my stylist (look, Ma, I have a stylist!), Christopher, then ironed straight to within an inch of my hair’s life. After two attempts at letting my hair dry naturally, I have been faithfully blow drying and ironing my hair every night since. It takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes each time. And all it took to motivate me was my beloved calling me “Poodle Hair” after I let my hair dry naturally. Thanks again for that, honey. (And many thanks to Caren for introducing me to Christopher.)